Tuesday, August 4, 2009

del.icio.us

At the Griffith City Library we have a del.icio.us account so I'm going to cheat a little and use that instead of creating my own (which I would never use again). I think social bookmarking is a great idea, however, from experience the problem is remembering to access it! For example, the CWA country of study this year is Egypt and all of the local primary schools do an assignment on the country of study. Each year I put together a Subject Thread of the resources that are available in the library and online. This year is the first year that (using del.icio.us) I tagged all of the webpages that I found BUT I never remember to access del.icio.us when fulfilling requests. I'm pretty sure del.icio.us has fallen into disuse among the other staff members also.

The link to our page is:

http://delicious.com/grifflib?settagview=list

No comments:

Post a Comment