Monday, February 9, 2009

Flickr

Last year I was fortunate enough to spend some time travelling through Europe. One of my favourite places by far was Turkey. The people, the culture and the scenery are incredible.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11239874@N02/1174995680/

I took a photo similar to this in Istanbul. Honestly, there is no way to describe to people how much the Turks love fishing. It has to be seen to be believed. The entire bridge is lined with men, young and old, bonding and enjoying the simple pleasures of this simple activity.

Cruise along the Bosphorus and lining the edges all along are fishermen. Lines dangling from bridges, construction sites and boat ramps. Personally I didn't see much evidence of success (apart from a few small fish here and there) but the fisherman of Istanbul are certaining one of my lasting memories from Turkey.

1 comment: